Learn To Sail Scholarship
The Learn to Sail Scholarship can be applied to any recognized sailing program. The maximum amount of the scholarship is $500 per specific AdventureSail event. To be eligible to receive the scholarship, the AdventureSail participant must apply for the scholarship within one year of participation.
The requirements for the girl requesting a Learn to Sail Scholarship are:
- Be between 9 and 14 years old
- Be able to swim with the aid of a lifejacket
- Have participated in an AdventureSail® experience
- Complete the Scholarship application form
- Submit a one page composition — Why I would like to learn to sail
- State financial need
- Provide parental or guardian written consent
- Provide a letter from affiliated community/Youth program recommending you for a scholarship
- Provide the name of the recognized youth sailing program in which you plan to enroll.
The requirements for the participating sailing organization are:
• Letter to WSF AdventureSail® identifying the student who will receive the sailing lessons
• Confirm that the recipient qualifies to participate in sailing program and registration date
• Provide updated, published costs to participate in youth sailing program
• Provide billing/payment requests in advance of student participating.
• The scholarship funds will be sent directly to the identified sailing program
• The sailing program must have a recognized youth learn-to-sail program at its facility
Learn to Sail Scholarship application
Complete the Learn to Sail Scholarship Application or contact your local sailing institution where you participated in an AdventureSail® experience.