Please, first refer to the guidelines for submissions and then complete the nomination form below.
GUIDELINES FOR NOMINATIONS
Objective: To encourage and recognize individuals who have made a lasting contribution to the interest of women’s sailing.
Guidelines & Procedures: Contributions must have long-range, national impact and encompass numerous years of involvement.
- The recipient can be a man or a woman who has made a lasting impact on women in sailing.
- The recipient is a US citizen and has multiple accomplishments which include sailing endeavors over a period of years in the US.
- Her/his work can be local, regional or National but should have a significant impact beyond a local area.
- Her/his work should have advanced and/or expanded opportunities for women in the sport of sailing and/or helped educate women or otherwise enriched women’s lives through sailing in the USA.
- This award is to be considered a kind of “lifetime achievement award.” i.e. Her/his impact on supporting or educating women in the sport of sailing should be more than a personal accomplishment in competitive racing.
An NWSA member or organization’s contact representative in good standing may nominate an individual.
The nomination is to be approved by the NWSA Board of Directors.
A completed application form (click button below) must accompany the nomination. If you have any questions about the Leadership in Women’s Sailing Award, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Leadership in Womens Sailing Nomination
Please give us as much information about your nominee's contributions to women's sailing as possible. Email questions to email@example.com.