Secretary on our Board of Directors!
As a member of the Board of Directors, the secretary for Women’s Sailing Foundation / National Women’s Sailing Association has wide-ranging responsibilities. If you have good organization skills, the time required (approximately eight hours +/- per month) as well as an interest in volunteering to serve the Women’s Sailing Foundation on the Board of Directors in the role of Secretary, please send c/v to [email protected]
Minimum duties of the WSF / NWSA Board Secretary are:
1. Develop and distribute a board calendar before the start of each year.
2. Provide proper notice of meetings and distribution of agendas, previous meeting minutes, committee reports and other relevant materials.
3. Record minutes of meetings, ensure accuracy, and availability.
4. Maintain an up-to-date electronic board binder, containing governing documents, governance policies, minutes of board meetings, and written consents.
5. Use appropriately secured electronic storage of key documents as a backup of records.
6. Responsible to ensue accurate and sufficient documentation exists to meet legal requirements, and to enable authorized persons to determine when, how, and by whom the board’s business was conducted.