AdventureSail® Learn To Sail Scholarship
The Women’s Sailing Foundation (WSF) is pleased to offer up to $500 in an AdventureSail® Scholarship for a sailing course to any young girl between the ages of nine (9) and fourteen (14) who has participated in an AdventureSail® event and who would like to learn how to sail and who would not be able to do so without financial assistance.
The Women’s Sailing Foundation offers two scholarship opportunities:Learnng to sail with the AdventureSail® Learn to Sail and an enhanced sailing experience for the teenage girl through the Sue Corl Youth Sailing Scholarship.
The AdventureSail® Scholarship can be applied to any recognized sailing program that has partnered with the Women’s Sailing Foundation in support of AdventureSail®.
Our partners include sailing organizations and community youth agencies who have participated in or sponsored an AdventureSail® event.
The requirements for the young girl requesting a scholarship are listed below:
- Be between 9 and 14 years old
- Have participated in an AdventureSail® experience
- Complete the Scholarship application form
- Submit a one page composition - Why I would like to learn to sail
- Prove financial need
- Provide parental or guardian written consent
- Provide a letter from affiliated community/Youth program recommending you for a scholarship
- Provide the name of the recognized youth sailing program in which you plan to enroll.
The requirements for the participating sailing organization are listed below:
- Letter to WSF AdventureSail® identifying the student who will receive the sailing lessons
- Confirm that the recipient qualifies to participate in sailing program and registration date
- Provide updated, published costs to participate in youth sailing program
- Provide billing/payment requests in advance of student participating.
The scholarship funds will be sent directly to the identified sailing program.
The sailing program must be a WSF AdventureSail® partner,
The sailing program should have a recognized youth learn-to-sail program at its facility.
Please click the Request for Scholarship Fund button below for a Request for Scholarship Application or contact your local sailing institution where you participated in an Adventuresail® experience.
Sue Corl Youth Sailing Scholarship
Enchanced Sailing Experience for a Teenage Girl
The Women’s Sailing Foundation is pleased to announce a scholarship opportunity for a teenage girl age aged 14-17 who has participated in an AdventureSail® event, to have a Tall Ship experience aboard the Adventuress in the San Juan Islands in the state of Washington, July 11 to 14, 2017.
Go to www.soundexp.org click on 2017 Trips for Teens for more details.
For Tax-deductible contributions click on the "Donate" button below. This will take you to a secure PayPal Site. You will be given the opportunity to make a tax-deductible contribution by either Credit Card or PayPal.
If you do not want to make an online payment please make check payable to WSF for your contribution and mail to Women's Sailing Foundation, c/o Scottie Robinson, Treasurer, 4 Turtle Back Road ,Essex, MA 01929