The Women’s Sailing Foundation (WSF) is pleased to offer up to $500 in an AdventureSail® Scholarship for a sailing course to any young girl between the ages of nine (9) and fourteen (14) who would like to learn how to sail and who would not be able to do so without financial assistance.
The AdventureSail® Scholarship can be applied to any recognized sailing program that has partnered with the Women’s Sailing Foundation in support of AdventureSail®.
Our partners include sailing organizations and community youth agencies who have participated in or sponsored an AdventureSail® event.
An AdventureSail® event usually includes a day where young girls have an opportunity to experience sailing through a safe structured program. More information regarding hosting an AdventureSail® event can be obtained by contacting Valli Cook at wsf@womensailing
The requirements for the young girl requesting a scholarship are listed below:
- Participate in an AdventureSail® experience.
- Complete the Scholarship application form
- Submit a one page composition - Why I would like to learn to sail
- Prove financial need
- Provide parental or guardian written consent
- Provide a letter from affiliated community/Youth program recommending you for a scholarship
- Provide the name of the recognized youth sailing program in which you plan to enroll.
The requirements for the participating sailing organization are listed below:
- Letter to WSF AdventureSail® identifying the student who will receive the sailing lessons
- Confirm that the recipient qualifies to participate in sailing program and registration date
- Provide updated, published costs to participate in youth sailing program
- Provide billing/payment requests in advance of student participating.
The scholarship funds will be sent directly to the identified sailing program.
The sailing program must be a WSF AdventureSail® partner,
The sailing program should have a recognized youth learn-to-sail program at its facility.
Please click the Request for Scholarship Fund button below for a Request for Scholarship Application or contact your local sailing institution where you participated in an Adventuresail® experience.